If your son has failed a required semester of a course, below is plenty of information to enable him to make it up and we are here to assist you. Failure reports will be mailed at the end of the 1st semester (usually around the end of January) and also around a week after school lets out in June.
Please email Mrs. Hopkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Alflen (email@example.com) your summer school choice by June 17.
Please be aware that these courses MUST be made up prior to the beginning of the next school year.
Warning for all NCAA prospects: All summer school courses must be taken at an NCAA approved school in order to count towards your Core GPA. Please check with the summer school to verify eligibility.
OPTIONS FOR SUMMER SCHOOL
1) Some School Districts offer Summer School. Please check with your local district about any programs they have. Here is a list of schools that contact us each year, but this is not a comprehensive list of districts.
2) There are online or correspondence programs for credit recovery. These programs often times are more independent and can pose issues so we generally recommend the traditional class rooms. However, here a couple of online schools we have experience with:
In Order of Recommendation:
- Edgenuity (Algebra 2 and Statistics based on our specific courses)
- Edmentum/EdOptions (Registration and Payment through Benedictine High School) $200/semester (Has Most Courses)
- Treca (May be the lest Expensive)
- Apexlearning, BYU Independent Study, Keystone, PennFoster,
- VHS Collaborative and Educere (Might Be NCAA Eligible, please contact them for details)
3) You may hire a private tutor. This tutor must be approved by Mrs. Zulandt before you begin tutoring, please review the Policies and Regulations. This is normally the most expensive option, but here is a list of tutors we have worked with previously. We have recently become aware of a Tutoring Service Offered by the Ursuline Sisters in Pepper Pike. You may be able to use the sisters to fulfill this summer school requirement. This Contract must be filled out before you begin with a private tutor.
Here is the registration form you may need to register for some summer schools. Different places may have different requirements. Please email Mrs Hopkins or Mrs. Alflen if you need something other than this.
Please Note: This is everything we have for summer school, but there may be others not on this list. Please do not feel that you have to stop in the Counseling Office. As always, if there are any questions, please feel free to email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(216) 421-2080 x333 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(216) 421-2080 x334 (email@example.com)